Put out
the flame of desire,
and I stop burning.
My suffering ends.
But,
what do I then live for?
Or else,
choose the other option:
I burn, and burn well,
like a forest fire
ravishing all that I find
in my way…?
But,
what do I then, leave in my wake?
Pain, lost life, ugliness?
And, I too
die in the end…
…with nothing left to burn.
With my temptations, my fuel gone,
the inferno of my desire,
then eats itself.
Eats me.
Which was a better life?
…and a worthier death?
- owais
--
This is first being published on this page.
My Poetry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(For my prose works please visit owais2prose.blogspot.com; for my videos, please visit www.youtube.com/owaisindiakhan)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Al Ghazali: The Venom For Which We Still Have No Antidote
Al Ghazali: The Venom For Which We Still Have No Antidote Hypothesis: Al Ghazali is a necessary, though not sufficient reason why most Musl...
-
Desire is the seed of Misery, Consumption, that of Poverty. - owais -- This has first been published on this page. . I regard this couplet a...
-
If I had not loved you so, your distance when with you would not pain me thus… If I had not wanted to spend every moment of my life with yo...
-
Al Ghazali: The Venom For Which We Still Have No Antidote Hypothesis: Al Ghazali is a necessary, though not sufficient reason why most Musl...
No comments:
Post a Comment